Monday 1 August 2011

Alibi Pomegranate


I thought I'd try one of these 'healthy' drinks. It's not really my style, but I want a varied blog. Also, they were buy-one-get-one-free in Waitrose...



So we'll start at the most logical place; the beginning. And being primarily an energy drink blog that is the caffeine content. Well, there isn't a caffeine content. 

That's right.

What it lacks for in caffeine, it makes up for in "their original PRETOX™ blend of 17 essential vitamins, herbal extracts and amino acids, doing all the hard work - leaving me guilt free, happy and healthy." Well that's all very well, but how is that going to help in a late night Black Ops session? Still, it washed down all my McDonald's burgers nicely... Moving on...

The packaging is nice, a lot of these drinks look like they've been designed for/by hippies. This isn't like that, as you can see. It has a nice 'premium' matte finish. That is reflected in the price, mind you. At ~£1.50 a pop (for 330ml) you don't want to be guzzling the stuff. (Well you can't even if you want to!) I, however, picked a couple of these up two-for-one. I doubt you can do that anymore, so probably ignore it.

As for the flavour. Well, it's okay, it's lightly carbonated. Strangely (for a pomegranate drink) it doesn't taste that much like pomegranate, it kind of tastes artificial. Not what I was expecting from a natural style drink, especially from something that uses 'Carbonated Spring Water' - classy. For me, it's a little too sweet. This very much reminds me of Sobe Pure Rush - Appleberry burst.

To sum the drink up, it's quite expensive, doesn't taste that great and has no caffeine. If you like the flavour, you're probably better off getting an Appleberry Sobe. If you love pomegranate you'll probably be disappointed too, stick to Pom. All is not lost for Alibi though, I have a can of 'Original Citrus' to enjoy in the near future, so stay tuned for that!

A link to the website is shown below, there you can read all sorts of facts about their wonderful PRETOX™. There's even a photo of Ryan Giggs tucking into a can (I think I'm allowed to mention his name now?).

http://www.alibidrink.com/

Ingredients:

Carbonated spring water, glucose, sucrose, citric acid (for balance), concentrated pomegranate juice (14%), natural flavours, natural herbal extracts (milk thistle, sarsaparilla, artichoke, gingko, schizandra, dandelion leaf), amino acids, (I-glutamine, succinic acid), vitamins: C, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12)

No comments:

Post a Comment